Monday, April 18, 2011

The discovery -The VERY beginning - Part I

I titled this post "The discovery" Because I remember the first time that I had discovered cooking and it was undoubtedly the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I fist started to play with the Idea in seventh grade, as most seventh graders I hated homework and I loathed math so the thought that I could cook all day instead of going to some collage to do more papers, projects and math, but at that point I wanted to be an animator, I would make stop motion with Keynote and sprites with my best friend Andrew, but being a chef was always at the back of my head when I was thinking about my future. the point that I vividly remember is when I was at my house with my friend Terrin when my parents where gone. although we would usually stay out of my house when it was only us because we where convinced that a monster was living in my house, but the hunger for lemon bars helped us overcome the fear. this was really the first time that I had cooked without someone to tell me what to do. something you must know is that I am massively dyslexic, and when I read that you needed to put in 1/8 teaspoon in my lemon bars i read it as 1/8 cup... as I am sure you can tell those lemon bars where inedible to say the least. as I was cleaning up when my mom got home I remember asking her why cooking was so hard, why I could not just make a something and letting it flow she told me that if I keep working at cooking then someday I can just flow, I can make something on the fly without restraint. I remember thinking that I will get to that point no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment