Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Where I am Now, Lots of Passion and No Job.

For my first real post I will talk about where I am at this moment in time (April 13, 2011). I am currently attending the culinary arts program at MATC in Lehi and I love it, great kitchen and I am contently learning new things, but I have become unsatisfied with what I have, I long for a job. Considering that I am a junior in high school that is proving to be difficult. I am a little obsessed with Japanese food, Cajun food and Indian food. As I said lots of passion and no job and it is killing me! It is not the lack of money that gets me, it is the lack of importance that I feel because I am not working, to put it simply to me food is life, and when I not in the kitchen working I am lifeless... what can I say? I am a kitchen addict. I am preatty sure that the problem is with me though, my standards are too high, I will NOT work at a fast food "restaurant" and at the very least I am willing to settle for a line cook at a local owned restaurant, so yah the problem is me.

lately I have been having trouble knowing were I want to live when I move out (and I am counting down the days!). San Fransisco, Seattle, Chicago, LA, New York! there are so many choices, and only until a couple of days ago did i realize that I should see what restaurants would take me, and that will decide where I live. Most people my age don't have to worry about this stuff, they usually just go where there collage is, but I am not going to collage and I am already going to culinary school and I need to get more experience working in real restaurants instead of sitting in some room as some stuffed up french teacher tells me how to cook.

so to sum it up:
On the end of my first year at culinary school
Looking for a job with no success
Worrying about where to live
Junior in high school
16 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment