Monday, April 25, 2011

The discovery -The VERY beginning - Part II

After those lemon bars I did work harder, but it did not feel like work... it was just fun. I mostly made cakes and desserts, but that soon transformed into baking, I loved making baguettes and other fun breads, and after I came home from San Fransisco all I wanted to do was make sourdough. Unfortunately sourdough seemed a little out of my reach and it was not long after my mother made a deal with me that I would lose interest in baking. She bought a book of beginner recipes and told me that if I could cook my way threw that book that she would take me to the Chefs Table In Orem, which is the only fine dining restaurant in Orem/Provo, so I was pretty excited. I remember getting 3/4 of the way threw that book when I started to do a little more complicated recipes. after I got done with the book I was not only able to go to the chefs table, but my mother was able to set it up so that we could talk to the head chef, Chef Kent. We talked for over an hour, but the thing that I really remember, the thing that I carry with me to this day is that expectations will make are break you If you don't live up to them then you are a disappointment, no matter how good you are, if you meet them then you are okay at best, but if each and every time you exceed them... then you are truly great. I use this in everything that I make, I have not yet achieved this, but I will get to that point no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment