Tuesday, October 11, 2011

School buring me out.

I love working at the chefs table, I look forward to it and with everything going so well there it is making it extremely hard to stand school, both MATC and Walden. I am failing my AP US gov class, and not doing too hot in any of the other classes. At MATC I am having that great of a time, I can't afford any of the books that I need and I am not really getting along well with anyone. about three people from my first year class are in the second year class, and I did not really talk to any of them, the rest of them where all in Nancy morning class, so they all have this tight bond that I am not in.
Although I do feel like I am starting to get along with the two people I am in a group in (Roberto & Juan).
But Tonight I was doing a Catering Dinner, I had a hand in about 60% of every dish that went out, but the cool thing was that I worked the grill cooking all the steaks, needless to say there was a lot at steak with my job (pun intended. I cooked all of them great ( a couple where not perfect), but none of them came back, I felt great because I feel that I am needed at MATC when I do caterings, I am given big jobs and am left to do it without supervision, Which is nice because at chefs table I don't feel needed at all, I am useful, but not needed.

After the dinner (which we got done with at like seven thirty) Me and my ride went off and hung out with some of the other people that where at the catering. I hated the frozen yogurt shop that we went to (It was all colorful and happy). Although I was not really enjoying myself it was nice to be around people after work and blow off some steam, I don't do that at the chefs table, I am so much younger then everyone there that I would never really do anything not work related with them. After the frozen yogurt shop we went to one of the peoples houses and hung out and talked a little, her parents where also talking with us it was a little weird, but not that much. by the time that I got home it was about eleven thirty, but I am okay with that.

This was supposed to be a short post, but I guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment